izzmightlickit asked: i really like ur photography. im an aspiring photographer myself. i've only had one legitimate photoshoot tho and thats becuz of a lack of willing models. how do u get girls to model for u? do u pay them, are they close friends, girlfriends? i just really want to get a decent portfolio by the time i graduate.
There’s a lot of ways to get models.
- I photograph all my friends and loves. I photograph Michelle and Stephanie regularly. If your friends believe in your work, they will model or assist in photo shoots, even if they don’t want to model or don’t think they can. …or they hate you.
- Social media is king. ModelMayhem has tons of models, from all over, who will model to expand their portfolio or for cash mulllah. Talk to local people on facebook and send them your online portfolio, tell them you want to expand it, and …
- have concepts for your shoots. Don’t just go in balls out saying “I want to photograph you nude, it’ll be classy, I totally promise.” That shit doesn’t fly. Most girls don’t want to model nude, don’t let it be the first thing you say.
- Talk to random people everywhere, girls are going to think you’re feeding them a line. “Hey I’m a photographer, model for me!” but if you show them a portfolio and keep it mature and professional, they may model for you.
- Don’t limit yourself to girls. Males do exist too, I photograph Tayler almost every time I visit my home town. He’s a beautiful man.